Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Quick Update

Everything is going along smoothly at the reno house which is great.

My Brother and his SO split big time over the weekend and it's ugly. I will tell you now, getting anything out of my Brother is painful so I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be his girlfriend/wife. There were together 9 years but something over the past few months ruptured even though Brother had said everything was fine. I guess it wasn't. I'm very sad for them both but I'm thinking their life must have had 'drama' cause the break-up has had it's drama.

But I digress.

Here's the skinny.

There are a few bookstores around here that are holding a certain book hostage (yes, that's how I'm feeling). So tomorrow (because it was a holiday today) I'm going to call around and see if anyone will sell me the book now. Cause I'm bad that way. And I really, really, want to read the damn book already!!

Okay, that's it for now. Hope all is well with you guys!

3 comments:

C2 said...

I'm sorry about your brother and his SO.

Good luck getting Kiss of Snow! ;)

nath said...

Yay about the house, Cindy! It's great that it's going smoothly :) What's your projected timeline - i mean, when do you think it's going to be done?

Sorry to hear about your brother and SO. It's sad :(

Good luck on the book hostage situation!! Just a piece of advice, I'm pretty sure the book is strict release date... so your best bet is to surprise some newbie or find a bookstore that usually don't pay attention to such thing...

LinnieGayl said...

Sorry about your brother, Cindy.

Good luck with the book! Let us know if you rescue one from captivity :)